Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tomato or Tomatoe?

Hi everyone! 

Our kids had a blast this week with our free summer kids' activities! On Wednesday, we partnered up with the Northside Workshop for a fun and easy arts and craft activity. We made planters out of recycled materials. On top of that each child was given a free admission pass to the St. Louis Magic House! What a great way to end the day! I encourage you if you have not already to bring your children out to the festivities! Our last week of activities will be next week. 
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the office (314) 241-5031
On to the tasty things...We've been seeing a lot of red at the market lately. I wonder if anyone knows what I'm talking about. You guessed right. Tomatoes! Yummy. I remember when my grandma would slice me up some fresh tomatoes and sprinkle it with a dash of salt and pepper. I loved it! Then, as I got older and realized that they came in the size of grapes, Oh boy!! 

Check out this tasty Caprese Salad recipe by Rachel Ray http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/caprese-salad-recipe/index.html


 North City Farmers' Market is EVERY Saturday from 10 AM to 1 PM 
Bring your friends and family! 
FREE Zumba 10-11 AM 
FREE Yoga 11-12 PM 

National Night Out 
Tuesday, August 6th 

Join us in the garden for a fire truck demonstration, bonfire, hot dogs, marshmallow roasting, face painting, water balloon toss, music, and MORE! 

Bring your picnic blankets and chairs, musical instruments, beverages, side dish and beverages

No comments:

Post a Comment